The Scorpion 3 by Snugpak ® is stalwart three-person base camp and expedition tent when a semi-permanent camp is required. The Scorpion design is a ‘Fly-first’ pitch tent that allows quick and easy set-up in difficult and remote areas using an opposing pole design, protecting you all year round from severe weather conditions. A tried and tested favourite of mountaineers, climbers and campers, the Scorpion 3 has an impressive floor space, measuring 2.25m long and 1.75m wide, as well as 1.1m of headspace, creating ample room for three people in a top-toe sleeping arrangement. There is also a spacious front porch for storing equipment. In an emergency, the Scorpion 3 can accommodate six people sitting.
The Snugpak® Scorpion 3 is an easily pitched, angled profile tent with an extremely small packsize and a mere trail weight of around 2.9kg. Accompanied with DAC ® Aluminium Poles, it is designed not to take up valuable space and weight in your pack. When travelling on fast and light ventures, the tent design allows individuals to keep different components in each of their packs. This spreads the weight across more than one person. The Scorpion 2 is ideal for base camping and expedition use with the Softie® Intrepid 15 Sleeping Bag.
A spacious two-person tent, the Scorpion 3 will shelter you from the worst four-season weather, with an impressive 5000mm hydrostatic head PU Coated Fly sheet, taped seams and a No-See-Um Mesh Mosquito Net, the Scorpion 3 will keep out the bugs in the summer months and the rain throughout the rest of the year. Condensation build-up is also at a minimum with the addition of multiple ventilation channels. The Scorpion design is the perfect green, allowing you to fly-pitch your tent with minimal environmental impact to the surrounding areas.
When ventures and expeditions last more than a few days, and with more people joining you, or if a semi- permeant camp is required, the Scorpion 3 has ten internal pockets for safe storage of everyday items, allowing equipment to be at hand at the end of a long day, or over-night when creature comforts can unpack. The design also incorporates a hanging loop for lights and accessories once you have settled for the night.
Hydrostatic head (HH) is a waterproof measurement of a Shelter’s material’s coating; most commonly a thin film of polyurethane finish is added to a material to create polyurethane laminate (PUL). Referred to as a PU Coating, It is this coating that gives Snugpak® Shelters their waterproof & windproof properties. See the article, Understanding Hydrostatic Head; How Waterproof is My Tent? on the Snugpak Community Website.
• Weight: 3400g / 120oz
• Packsize: 43cm x 21cm / 17" x 8"
• 210t ripstop nylon (5000mm HH) outer fabric, 100% nylon
• 190t polyester inner fabric, with 50D mesh mosquito net, 100% polyester
• 190t ripstop nylon (5000mm HH) waterproof groundsheet, 100% nylon
• DAC® Featherlite NSL® Anodised Aluminium Poles, 100% aluminium
• Green Outer and Black Mesh Inner, Perfect for Base Camping Ventures & Expeditions
• Single-point Front Entry with ample porch
• Multiple Ventilation Channels
• Waterproof Taped Seams
• Ten Mesh Internal Pockets for equipment and head-end hanging loop (Five on each side)
• Supplied with 18 Lightweight Alloy Cross-Stakes, with two-spares
• Ideal for 4-season, basecamp ventures & expedition use with the Softie® Intrepid 15 Sleeping Bag
• Available in Olive Outer with Black Inner only
• This tent is Flame Retardant
• Origin: Imported